Sunday 19 May 2013

Sunday prayers!


O God, you are my God,
for you I long;
for you my soul is thristing.
I long for you
like dry, weary land without water.
Give me your strength and your glory.

I wish to praise you all my life
fill my soul as with a banquet.
I cling to you;
hold me close in your hands.
Psalm 63

"Whoever drinks the water I give will never be thirsty;
no, the water I give shall become a fountain within him,
leaping up to provide eternal life."
The woman said to him, "Give me this water, sir,
so that I shall not grow thirsty...."
Jn 4:14-15

Blessed are you, Lord Jesus, Savior of the world,for giving your life to save us,
--by your precious blood we are saved.
You promised living waters to those who seek the truth,
--give us that water to quench our thirst.
You sent disciples to announce the Good News to all people,
--sustain those who proclaim your word.
To those who carry your cross today in anguish,
--grant patience and courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment